Artists for Life

.........Scroll down the right hand column for artist links...

Monday, December 14, 2009

Life Athletes

Chris Godfrey is a great man. Great in a worldly sense as a member of the Indiana Bar and as a graduate of the University of Notre Dame Law School. Great in an athletic sense as the starting right guard for the Super Bowl XXI champion New York Giants. And great in heart and character, giving his life and talents to build a Culture of Life among athletes, particularly the young.

Life Athletes was born in the heart of Chris Godfrey in South Bend, Indiana. I had the pleasure of getting to know his family at that time through our mutual interests in faith, family and defense of the unborn. During Advent of 1997, we were invited to a Christmas party at his home and I was expecting the arrival of my first born at any time. On that particular day, Chris summoned his guests to his family room and popped a VHS into the player. It was the inaugural Life Athletes video and I thought it was awesome.

Since then, Chris's efforts have clearly born fruit and blossomed in ways that have me jumping up and down. I couldn't find the original video I saw so many years ago but found his recent work which is simply incredible.
Here are two, 30 second spots. Wouldn't you love to see these on network television?






There is also a longer (5 minute) inspirational film that is well-worth watching. Entrancing. And if you watch closely at the end, you'll see Chris Godfrey, a true hero who is strong enough to dominate world class athletes and man enough to defend the most helpless and innocent among us.



The Life Athletes Commitment
I will try to do what is right, even when it is difficult.
I will give myself only to the special person whom I marry as my partner for life.
I will respect the lives of others, especially the unborn and the aged. 
I will not quit or make excuses when I fail. I will try again.

To find out more about Life Athletes and the resources it provides to help build a life-giving culture among our youth, visit LifeAthletes.org .

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails